Due to COVID-19, the races originally scheduled for Sunday, June 28th will now be virtual between June 23rd and July 4th.
Registration is open until June 26, 2020.
We will be having a Physical Distance Friday Night Skate on Friday, June 26th
& a 5K/10K Trail Skate at Anacostia Pavilion on Saturday, June 27th.
Please be aware that parking is not available at the Anacostia Skating Pavilion.
Friday, June 26, 2020
Friday Night Skate in Washington, DC
hosted by Washington Area Roadskaters
7:00pm Friday Night Skate around the Monuments (FREE)
Meet in front of the White House on Pennsylvania Ave.
If you do not wish to skate down the hill on 15th Street, the group will meet you at Freedom Plaza.
Saturday, June 27, 2020
Anacostia Park Skating Events
10:00am 5K & 10K Trail Skates
You will need to park outside the park and skate to the pavilion.
Virtual distances to be completed on your own with social distancing between June 23rd and July 4th
Registration is required by June 26, 2020.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
1. Register for the Virtual Races
2. Pay the invoice received via email for any balances due.
3. Skate the distance of your choice on the skates of your choice between June 23, 2020 (Olympic Day) and July 4, 2020 (Independence Day).
4. Take a photo of yourself on your race day and share it:
- On social media using the hashtags #VirtualSOTU2020 and #OlympicDay2020
- Submit it when you post your results
- Email it to [email protected]
5. Post your results by July 5, 2020 HERE.
6. Receive your well earned medal!
If your invoice has been paid and your results received, we will ship by the following dates:
* Medal(s) only – July 20, 2020
* Medal(s) and T-Shirt(s) – August 20, 2020